Sunday, November 6, 2011

Small Lessons

[Thoughts I've been dwelling on today, or that have struck me.]

Lesson #1:

"I, even I, am He who comforts you!
Who are you, that you should be afraid?" -Isaiah 51:12a

(I think that covers it.)

Lesson #2:

Be careful with your words.

""If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body..." -James 3:2

Yeah. This convicted me during the service today, but I thought, "Hey, I don't have a huge problem with this, just once in a while."
And then later in the day I went on to say at least three or four things that I regret now. I guess it's harder then I thought. And God was probably pointing out that I wasn't as sanctified in that area as I thought...

Lesson #3:

I have so. many. friends, and I take that for granted I think. If I start praying for all my friends I'm overwhelmed with how good God is to me. Wow. It never stops, I keep thinking of more to pray for and thank Him for. =) Such a huge, great blessing.

Lesson #4, etc.

Sundays can sometimes be both uplifting & encouraging ... and discouraging when you realize how much you have to sanctify; that is, if you're only looking to yourself for the answers.
...oh yeah, and by the way, I'm a prideful and self-centered sinner.
But I have a great God and a great Savior. And I don't think the Holy Spirit has finished working in me yet. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment